Posted by Rick Civelli | 10.02.2008 | Teen Camps
Top Ten Reasons Katie Loves Surf Camp
A Teen’s Perspective
10. You know that you have arrived at Surf Camp when you see junk food being rolled into cabins on a skateboard.
9. Soon you get to meet people from all over the country who you will be your main competition for showers, the front seat on the bus, and of course, those who you will bond with and chat with while waiting for the waves…or missing them all together.
8. Everyone gets rash… everyone walks funny, and everyone gets to go home with their very own war wounds and smelling like baby- butt cream. It’s all part of the experience.
7. Trading in your make up for Zinc. It is a great way to pick up hotties on the beach.
6. When you go out for your first couple sessions, you get pushed into waves…. You can’t get better service than that.
5. Food. After a long day of surfing everyone is ready to eat. Whether your instructor is attempting to cook over a grill in Hatteras, or you go to Mellow Mushroom in Wilmington, you are sure to have a great meal made with love. You’ll even start to meet more of your instructors; it’s pretty funny to see how many magically appear at your dinner table.
4. Typically buses aren’t my thing. That was until I went to Surf Camp. The bus rides are full of sandy kids, great music, and prayers that your bus gets back first for the showers.
3. The instructors at Surf Camp are down to earth people that are great at what they do because they love their job. It also doesn’t hurt that they are slightly good looking 😉
2. When you finally catch your own wave
1. When you finally catch your own wave, and they got it on camera.