Teen Surf Camp
We specialize in the ultimate action-packed Teen Surf Camps! Our core program fundamentals are designed specifically for teens from beginner to advanced. Have you ever thought about learning how to surf? Have you been surfing for a while and want to improve your skills at an overnight teen camp or day camp? If you answered yes, we invite you to immerse yourself in the warm waters of one of our awesome locations.
In our “learn by doing” Overnight Teen Camps, you will learn how to predict, select, and judge waves, discover why some beaches break better than others, gain board riding ability, confidence, and knowledge of our oceans. We cater to teenagers, and through our progressive and professional instruction our expert coaches will take you to the next level. Join teens from all over the world for an overnight teen camp you will never forget.
Teen Travel FAQs
All participants are responsible for scheduling their flights to arrive and depart from the designated airport at the appointed time.
What is the nearest airport and do you have a shuttle service?
- Participants should schedule their flights into the appropriate program airport listed above. All campers will be met either at baggage claim or right outside customs by their trip leaders. If you are traveling with an Unaccompanied Minor Service, instructors will meet you outside your arrival gate. After arrival, all campers and their luggage will be transported to our accommodations. On the way home, our staff return the campers to the airport, and remain there until each camper’s flight has taken off.
What if I can’t get in by the set check in time?
- In order to avoid missing any planned activities, campers should plan to arrive on the first day of camp and depart on the last day of camp within the designated arrival and departure windows (listed above). Our office staff will be diligent in coordinating your camper’s travel schedule with our trip leaders, should there be any delays or changes in itinerary.
What if my luggage doesn’t make it?
- Occasionally the airlines will misplace luggage or your suitcases will miss connecting flights. We recommend campers keep essentials, such as medications, toiletries, bathing suit, and an extra change of clothes, in their carry-on luggage just in case.
Unaccompanied Minor Services
For all teen camps involving air travel, please be sure to check with your airline regarding their Unaccompanied Minor Policy. If your student will be traveling with an Unaccompanied Minor Service, our office will supply with the information needed at check-in, such as the name and address (as it appears on government ID) of the WB Surf Camp staff member meeting the student at their arrival gate. We will provide this information the week prior to camp via email. Likewise, the information needed for the returning leg is the name and address (again, as it appears on government ID) of the person meeting the student upon return. Please ensure that you pay the unaccompanied minor fee for both legs of travel. If you pay in advance for the returning leg, the camper must keep the receipt for verification purposes.
We have included a summary of some of the major air carriers’ Unaccompanied Minor Policy (see below).
- Alaska Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 12 and under, optional for all others
- American Airways – optional coverage for ages 12-17
- Continental Airlines – optional coverage for ages 12-17
- Delta Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 14 and under, optional for all others
- Hawaiian Airlines – optional coverage for ages 12-17
- JetBlue Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 14 and under, optional for all others
- Southwest Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 12 and under, optional for all others
- Spirit Airlines – mandatory coverage for ages 14 and under, optional for all others
- United Airways – optional coverage for ages 12-17