WB Surf Camp Trip Insurance
We highly recommend that participants in our programs purchase travel insurance to protect their investment. Because of the seasonality of our programs, we cannot refund deposit or tuition fees due to cancellation for any reason. Travel insurance can protect your investment in the event that a medical problem or family emergency prevents you from participating.
For example, travel insurance protection plans can cover:
- Program Cancellation – (protects your non-refundable payments if you cancel program before it begins) for covered reasons such as injury, sickness, terrorist acts and transfer of employment of 250 miles.
- Program Interruption – (protects your non-refundable payments if you interrupt your program) for covered reasons such as injury, sickness, terrorist acts and transfer of employment of 250 miles.
- Medical Expenses/Emergency Assistance – medical bills for up to one year and for any special transportation required for medical reasons including expenses for parent to visit if hospitalized 3 days.
- Personal Effects/Baggage – for damage, lost, or stolen personal articles.
- Medical Records On Line – at your option, instant access to your medical records is available with the plan.
Travel insurance is inexpensive and will give you peace of mind! Plans start as low as $30 and increase by the amount of tuition and medical coverage you choose. Here are a couple of suggested travel insurance companies:
For policies that DO include COVID coverage and a “Cancel for No Reason” option: (Please note that these policies have to be purchased within a small window of deposit paid for camp to have the option to cancel for no reason. See each policy’s guidelines for exact time period.)
- Click Here AXA Travel Insurance
- Click Here Trawick International Travel Insurance
- Click Here IMG Global
**FOR PARTICIPANTS JOINING US IN COSTA RICA**
Currently the Republic of Costa Rica has some specific rules in place to help minimize COVID impact. The list of entry/exit rules for Costa Rica can be found on the U.S. Embassy website, here.
The biggest things to know currently:
- Travel Insurance with COVID coverage is REQUIRED for entry into Costa Rica and for the duration of your stay.
- The above Travel Insurance recommendations do offer COVID coverage. Please verify with them that the Republic of Costa Rica accepts their COVID coverage.
- The Republic of Costa Rica recommends two approved local Costa Rican insurance providers: (Note these two options are recognized by Costa Rica to enter the country, but may not cover your camp tuition or travel to/from. Contact the insurance companies to verify.)