Aloha for Local Kids
Since it’s inception we have facilitated the kids division of the O’Neill/Sweetwater Pro Am surfing contest.
As active members of our surfing community, WB Surf Camp is dedicated to facilitating educational camps and clinics to bring awareness to coastal conservation and the sport of surfing. During this professional competitive arena, we’re able to bring the fundamentals of safety, fun, and knowledge to the next generation of surfers.
During the O’Neill/Sweetwater Pro Am Kids Division, which takes place at the height of our area’s biggest professional surfing competition, we gather the participants in the sand and talk about ocean safety, marine life, rip currents, surfing etiquette, and how to maintain surfboard safety out in the water.
After getting the groms stoked in the sand, we send out our certified instructors to coordinate and assist parents and their kids in mock surfing heats. This is a blast for young beginner surfers because everyone wins. It’s almost as much fun for the spectators on the beach, as cheers erupt for each of the groms as they surf into the beach. After the heats are over, our awards ceremony concludes with a medal for all, and the kids leave stoked!
Aloha Event Highlights:
- Extensive surf instruction at a perfect beginner beach break
- Personalized 1:1 student to instructor coaching by our team
- All high quality equipment (epoxy surfboards provided)
- Learn surfboard positioning, paddling, safety, and etiquette
- An incredible and memorable day at Wrightsville Beach, NC
- Ice cold drinking water and shade tent
- Reef rash guard and medal of achievement
- Nominal charge of $15
Pre-registration is required. Sign up at our tent on the day of the event.