Posted by Rick Civelli | 10.05.2011 | Employment, WB Surf Camp News
WB Surf Camp Staff Member of the Week for October 3rd: Emily Haynes
Emily joined our administrative staff in the spring of 2010 as a Reservation Specialist. In addition to her charming personality and compassion for others, she brought to our team amazing customer service skills and a top-notch attention to detail that is second to none. She is extremely knowledgeable about all of our programs, from our teen summer camps to our adult travel camps. Emily made her way to Wilmington after living in Atlanta for 10 years and earning her degree in Studio Art from the University of Georgia. She is a key member of our team; you will not find a more patient, kind individual. When you call our office, the super helpful voice on the other end of the line is most often Emily’s, ready to accommodate you in any way she can!
1. What drew you to a position at WB Surf Camp? I love the fact that WB Surf Camp places so much emphasis on educating their participants on marine and eco conservation. I was drawn to the fact that they talk the talk and walk the walk.
2. In what way has the ocean impacted your life? Being near the ocean is very calming and soothing to me. Whether I am relaxing on the beach with a book, or on a board trying to surf, the ocean is one of my favorite places to be.
3. What is your favorite place you’ve traveled to? Cortona, Italy. I studied abroad there for a semester in college and fell in love with the people, art, culture, and the architecture. If I could live there permanently, I would!
4. Who/what is your biggest inspiration? My best friend, Beth. She is one of the best people I know, and the way she lives her life inspires me to live better and kinder, everyday.
5. What past experience has changed your life the most? Starting my yoga practice. You might say I’m a little high-strung, so yoga helps to calm and center me. Plus, it’s an amazing workout.
6. What is your favorite activity? Reading a really good book on the beach, or practicing yoga.
7. What is your favorite movie? The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
8. What is your favorite music? I don’t have just one type. I listen to a little bit of everything, from electronic, to folk, country, rock; I like it all.
9. What is your favorite food? Mexican. K-38 tacos – Yummmmmm!
10. Where do you see yourself in five years? Still here in Wilmington, of course. I love it here!
11. In your eyes, the three things you value most are: Honesty, hard-work, and compassion.