Posted by Rick Civelli | 10.25.2011 | Employment, WB Surf Camp News
WB Surf Camp Instructor of the Week for 10/24/11: Summer Britt
Having grown up surfing on Wrightsville Beach every summer down at the south end, Summer came to us hoping to share her love of surfing with others. Not only did she accomplish that, but she brought the warmth and fun of her namesake to our Teen Overnight and Day Camps all season long. Whether she was in the water or entertaining our kids in the van, she definitely brought on the stoke every day! Now, back at school in Charlotte, she always has her eyes on the wave forecast just waiting for that next swell so she can jet down here and charge.
1. What drew you to a position at WB Surf Camp? I wanted to do something different this summer, and yet didn’t want to impose on my “beach time”. This seemed like and WAS the best transitional job possible! I love teaching others, so why not teach them something I love.
2. Who is your favorite surfer and why? Carissa Moore, she has dedicated her life to becoming a better surfer, and that girl could rip at age 5! Born with a talent for surfing!
3. When did you start surfing and where? 12 years ago on WB
4. What is your favorite surf break? Oceanic Pier. What can I say, Wrightsville Beach is my favorite place to be in the whole world!
5. What inspired you to start surfing? I pretty much stunk at all other sports, and this was something different that hardly no one did in Charlotte. It was such a fun challenge to embark on. I had grown up at Hanover Seaside Club watching others surf and decided that was what I really wanted to dedicate myself towards.
6. Where was your most memorable session? Last years Hurricane or TS swell, Biggest waves I have seen on Wrightsville in a while. Loved it.
7. What is the worst wipeout you’ve ever had? Too many to choose. I look at wiping out as a way to prove to myself that I always will need to get better at this sport.
8. What are some of your interests outside of surfing? NASCAR. Woooo! Party Planning, Photography, Teaching, Nannying, Crafts, Watching Sports, Hanging out with my Friends and Family
9. What is your favorite movie? Forrest Gump.
10. What is your favorite music? Pretty much everything, just nothing that produces a headache for me. LOVE John Mayer
11. What is your favorite food? Mexican
12. Where do you see yourself in five years? Opening a nursery/ daycare facility, married, living in Charlotte area.
13. In your eyes, the three things you value most are: God, Family, Love.