Posted by Rick Civelli | 12.14.2011 | Surfer of the Week
WB Surf Camp Featured Teen Surfer of the Week for 12/12/11: Max Pollock
Our featured teen surfer this week is a young man of many talents. He surfs, he SUPs, and after this past summer he now knows how to build his own surfboard. Max spent 2 weeks with us here at our Teen Wrightsville Beach Overnight Camp and our Specialty Board Building Camp. While shredding his way through the local lineups, Max spent time with local shaper Sean O’Donnell creating the board of his dreams. Though he spends winters in Ohio, Max came with some surfing experience under belt, because he spends all summer on the east coast. Max was able to gain more experience with more advanced coaching while attending WB Surf Camp. Start to finish, he was also able to put his experience from riding different boards into his design ideas to create his own custom surfboard. From the dimensions, to fin setup, to airbrush colors, Max, along with his fellow campers was able to build his own shred stick and then take it home to keep shredding. This kid just wants to surf and have fun, and it shows in his laid back surfing style and profile answers below…
1. What drew you to WB Surf Camp? The fun experience of going away to surf.
2. Who is your favorite surfer and why? Kevin cuz hes just awesome !!!
3. When did you start surfing and where? Nantucket like three years ago.
4. What is your favorite surf break? FAT LADIES BEACH.
5. What inspired you to start surfing? Love of the ocean and sea life.
6. Where was your most memorable session? Hurricane Bill awhile back.
7. What is the worst wipeout you’ve ever had? Nosedive on a SUP hurt 🙁
8. What are some of your interests outside of surfing? Skiing and chilling with friends.
9. What is your favorite movie? Blades of Glory is so funny!
11. What is the best thing you like about WB Surf Camp? Meeting new people and seeing people surf for the first time.
12. The three things you value most are: Family, friends, and SURFING!