Posted by Rick Civelli | 03.06.2012 | Surfer of the Week
WB Surf Camp Featured Surfer of the Week 3/5/12: Adam Levy
Adam signed up for our Teen Outer Banks travel camp early in the spring just like most of our campers. Just a few weeks before our departure, we got a call that he had fractured his wrist during football practice. It was pretty obvious that a cast on his arm would prevent him from performing the basic movements to paddling and popping up on the surfboard. But in his final doctor’s visits, he was given the green light to surf with the cast on. The only question was, would he be able to do it? Right from the start his smile and positive attitude told us that he was going for it, regardless. Adam charged the whole entire week in every condition. We were so stoked to watch him get some of the best waves that came through on the last day of pumping surf! His continuous smile beamed a radiant stoke at his achievement and progress through the week. It was pretty inspirational and yet another example of overcoming odds and circumstances. We can’t wait to surf with this guy again. Keep charging Adam!
1. What drew you to WB Surf Camp? I found it online and it looked awesome.
2. Who is your favorite surfer and why? Shane Dorian. He continues to push his limits…without hair.
3. When did you start surfing and where? I started to surf about 3 years ago in Florida on vacation.
4. What is your favorite surf break? The Outer Banks, of course.
5. What inspired you to start surfing? It seemed like fun after watching guys surf in movies.
6. Where was your most memorable session? The Outer Banks.
7. What is the worst wipeout you’ve ever had? A fin cut me in-between my big toe and the other toe.
8. What are some of your interests outside of surfing? Football, lacrosse, swimming, sleeping, and snowboarding.
9. What is your favorite movie? Anchorman.
10. What is your favorite music? It depends on my mood.
11. What is your favorite food? Thai food any day.
12. What is the best thing you like about WB Surf Camp? Being able to surf all day with cool people.
13. The three things you value most are: Fun, family, and improvement.