Posted by Rick Civelli | 02.28.2012 | Surfer of the Week
WB Surf Camp Featured Surfer of the Week 2/27/12: Audra Luke
Audra has gotten the best of both worlds! Her first year with us was actually spent with our sister summer camp, Sea Turtle Camp. Her love for the ocean and sea turtles drove her into her first surf lesson which then triggered the same hook that gets all of us. The following year she came back, but to WB Overnight Teen Surf Camp! Her stoke and smile lit up camp for the entire week. Every wave she caught, no matter the size seemed like her best ride. Whether she was throwing shakas or peace signs, anyone standing on the beach could tell she was stoked!!
1. What drew you to WB Surf Camp? I love surfing and the beach.
2. Who is your favorite surfer and why? Sally Fitzgibbons, because I think its cool that she placed in the US Open of Surfing in 2011.
3. When did you start surfing and where? The first time I surfed was at Sea Turtle Camp two years ago.
4. What inspired you to start surfing? I love wake boarding and other water sports and wanted to try surfing.
5. Where was your most memorable session? I would have to say the most memorable session was at WB Surf Camp when I kept catching wave after wave and I didn’t get any rashes from my board.
6. What is the worst wipeout you’ve ever had? I was on my board and another wave hit me from the side and I hyperextended my knee.
7. What are some of your interests outside of surfing? I like playing volleyball, hanging out with my friends, and travelling.
8. What is your favorite movie? The House Bunny or Blue Crush.
9. What is your favorite music? Rap.
10. What is your favorite food? Salmon.
11. What is the best thing you like about WB Surf Camp? I love making new friends from all over the world and being able to hang out and surf with them. BEST CAMP EVER!
12. The three things you value most are: My family, animals, and the environment.