Posted by Rick Civelli | 02.16.2012 | Surfer of the Week
WB Surf Camp Featured Surfer of the Week 2/13/12 – Blair Frantz
Blair attended one of our awesome travel camps this past summer. Every east coast surfer eventually makes the pilgrimage to Cape Hatteras to surf in the shadow of the iconic barber pole striped lighthouse. Hailing from New Jersey, Blair spent a week having the time of her life with us in the beautiful uncrowded lineups. During our Teen Outer Banks surf camp, we had the opportunity to spend time with the awesome and lively young lady that is Blair. A joy for campers and the instructors alike to be around, Blair took to the surf and shredded! While enjoying the amazing natural openness of the east coast’s surfing Mecca, Blair worked her way up the surfing skills ladder, improving and excelling her surfing abilities each day. We can’t wait for the upcoming summer and hope to have her fun smiling face back for some more wave ripping action.
1. What drew you to WB Surf Camp? I’ve always wanted to learn to surf. I also knew it would be alot of fun.
2. Who is your favorite surfer and why? My favorite surfer is Bethany Hamilton, because she overcame her struggles and pushed through a very hard time in her life. She never gave up on what she loved most.
3. When did you start surfing and where? I started surfing at the Jersey Shore a year before I came to WB Surf Camp, which was this past summer.
4. What is your favorite surf break? POSSO’s.
5. What inspired you to start surfing? My boyfriend and friends surf, and they convinced me to start.
6. Where was your most memorable session? My most memorable session was in the Outer Banks.
7. What is the worst wipeout you’ve ever had? I was at the Jersey Shore and I was underwater for a good 15 seconds. The board scraped me up real good and got some gnarly bruises.
8. What are some of your interests outside of surfing? I am a competitive swimmer all year round.
9. What is your favorite movie? Mt favorite movies are Bridesmaids, Get him to the Greek, The Hangover, and Shutter Island.
10. What is your favorite music? Eminem, Lil wayne, Skrillex, Bob Marley, Red hot chilli peppers, Jack Johnson, Solange.
11. What is your favorite food? burgers, pasta, pizza.
12. What is the best thing you like about WB Surf Camp? The friends I made and the counselors.
13. The three things you value most are: God/Buddha, family, friends