Surf Instructor Level 3 Certification
WB Surf Camp’s Instructor Development Program is a 5 level program that provides a structure for the certification of Surf Instructors through a process of education, experience, and evaluation. The goal of our program is to improve the quality, safety and consistency of surf instruction in our programs.
Surf Instructor Level 3 Pre-requisite:
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Current Wilderness First Aid Certification
- Hold current Level 2 WB Surf Camp Certification
- At least six years personal surfing experience
- 23 years of age or older
- Have logged 250 hours of in water instruction time
- Pass in-person knowledge base/ skill tests for level 3 cert
- Present WB Surf Camp with recorded log book of acceptable instruction time
- Present WB Surf Camp with proof of all current certifications
This level of certification is designed to enhance a coaches reputation and allow for competition based instruction for intermediate surfers. It provides a foundation for an instructor experience, qualifications, and knowledge base suitable to be a unit leader and coach on our travel camps. All level 3 instructors will demonstrate that their surfing ability is of a standard acceptable to WB Surf Camp.