Posted by Rick Civelli | 05.15.2012 | Teen Camps, WB Surf Camp News
Surf and Lifeguard Certification Camp
Looking to earn your American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification this summer while learning how to surf? WB Surf Camp has the perfect solution that combines these two ambitions while adding marine science and coastal conservation education with the experience of a lifetime. Most certification classes are long and boring and have teachers struggling to maintain the full attention from students. Not here! With our camp, you get an entire full week of surfing before class even starts, then Lifeguard Certification classes are taken over the course of the next week with surf breaks in between. This active schedule ensures that students stay focused while learning everything possible in and out of the classroom.
In our “learn by doing” Lifeguard Camp, students will fine-tune their ability to predict, select, and judge waves. The program is designed for absolute beginners to intermediate surfers ages 15-17 that want to become educated in saving lives and learning skills that make them eligible for jobs all over the United States. When the campers are not participating in our lifeguard training, they will be spending time in the warm waters of Surf City and Wrightsville Beach improving their surfing skills from our professionally trained instructors.
- Extensive daily surfing instruction at perfect beginner beach breaks
- Taking a marine biology tour of the North Carolina Aquarium
- Learning about turtle rehabilitation at the world renowned Sea Turtle Hospital
- Discovering how surf boards are made during a guided surfboard factory tour
- Earning your American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard Certification
- Learning professional lifeguard responsibilities
- Practicing USLA approved ocean rescue methodologies
- Becoming eligible for fun summer jobs such as a pool lifeguard or camp counselor
Our camp includes accommodations for the two weeks at the Wilmington KOA campground in air-conditioned cabins, all meals, 24 hour same gender adult supervision, shuttles to and from the Wilmington International Airport (ILM), equipment, American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, professional surfing instruction (3:1 student to instructor ratio), daily transportation, and more! For more specific information about our Lifeguard Training and Surf Camp, Click Here. Check out the reviews of previous campers who have experienced the awesomeness of WB Surf Camp. Please call toll free 1.866.844.7873 to reserve your spot today.