Posted by Rick Civelli | 04.22.2009 | WB Surf Camp News
So what does Earth Day mean to you??
It means everything to us. Our main goal is to get people excited about the ocean so they will take better care of it. Since our inception this mission statement has never wavered-in fact, as we have grown, our resolve has strengthened.
Earth Day is every day for us. Here are a few of the things we do for the environment:
- Being a Surf Industry leader in environmental education.
- Picking up hundreds of pounds of trash on beaches all over the world.
- Educating thousands of participants every year about the importance of a healthy environment.
- Reducing/Reusing and Recycling all we can on a daily basis.
- Annual financial support of the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital.
- Limiting our use of hydrocarbons.
- Limiting our use of bottled water (use a Britta filter and nalgeen bottle instead).
- Increasing our percentage of marketing materials by electronic format.
- Picking up our office dog’s poop:)
- Increasing our use of organic cotton for our T-shirts.
- Using Energy Star monitors for our computers as well as fluorescents.
- We employ environmentally conscious people with a passion for making a difference.
- We put in hundreds of community service hours dedicated to environmental restoration projects.
- We Vote GREEN and encourage others to voice their concerns.
As a surfer, caring for the environment should be a natural instinct. Over our existence we have taught thousands of people of all ages how to surf and now they care! We put 95% of our resources into kid and teen programs so the environment can get a better return on our investment. Change has to start at a grass roots level, so please start or continue doing more of your share today.
I am utterly selfish in my pursuit of a clean ocean as there is nothing that I would rather do then SURF. So on this Earth Day, I encourage you to get out and surf. I really believe there is no better way to appreciate the environment.
Thank you for helping make a difference!
Toll Free 1.866.844.SURF
530 Causeway Drive, Suite B1
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480
Surf over to www.wbsurfcamp.com