Posted by Jen Civelli | 10.21.2016 | Kid Summer Camps
Carolina Ocean Odyssey is here! – Kids Summer Camp
YOU ASKED, WE ANSWERED…
We are now offering an awesome overnight experience for young ocean enthusiasts ages 10-12. Get ready to explore and jump into adventure. If your student is an aspiring surfer, marine biologist, or just wants to want to have fun with all the amazing gifts the ocean and the beach offer, our Carolina Ocean Odyssey is a perfect fit!
The primary focus of this program is to introduce campers to a variety of ocean activities while sharing our local coastal environment.
Each day we’ll log time in the water boogie boarding, surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, snorkeling, and more! In addition to water instruction, our marine educators lead the exploration of local habitats including dunes, salt marshes and tidal pools.
- Extensive daily boogie board and water sport instruction
- Surf Session with a 3:1 student to instructor ratio
- Hands on, feet wet learning marine science education
- Visit the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital
- Salt marsh exploration including seining, crabbing, clamming and coastal ecology activities
- Learn ocean safety practices and the importance of conservation
- Surf movies, ping pong, foosball, volleyball, smash ball, beach bocce ball
- Enjoy a Hawaiian Luau and traditional camp activities
Your home away from home will be our premier ocean view beachfront retreat center on Topsail Island. The ocean view rooms we’ll be staying in are air conditioned, and have their own private bathrooms. Each camper has their own bed and rooms are gender-specific with counselors staying in adjacent rooms.
For more info on this exciting camp check this out: Carolina Ocean Odyssey