Our Surf Camp team can certify your employees, group, or organization on American Red Cross CPR. We offer complete and flexible programs that help you, your family and your community stay prepared for virtually any life-threatening situation. Build the program that works for you using our modular curriculum and personable high energy Surf Camp Instructors.
With our American Red Cross certified Surf Camp Instructors, you can meet all your training needs in one convenient day. Have your training on-site or at our training headquarters. Have the satisfaction of knowing your infant and children are safe because their caregivers' emergency and safety skills came from the very best in safety training.
Choose the Program that's Right for You:
- Adult CPR (3 3/4 hours)
- Infant and Child CPR (5.5 hours) - applies to infants and children up to 8 years.
- Infant CPR (3.5 hours) - applies to infants up to 12 months.
What You Will Learn:
- Recognizing an Emergency. What are some unusual sights appearances or behaviors in infants or children that can help you recognize an emergency situation?
- Protecting Yourself. What precautions can you take to protect yourself from disease transmission when giving care?
- Check-Call-Care. Once you recognize an emergency, remain calm and follow the emergency action steps: Check-Call-Care.
- How to care for a conscious child who is choking.
- Prioritizing care. In an emergency with more than one victim, how would you determine which victim needs care first?
- How to give rescue breaths.
- Care for cardiac emergencies.
Adult CPR (3 3/4 hours)
For the person who only needs adult CPR training, this hands-on skills training prepares them to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in victims aged 8 and above. Adult CPR/AED is available in a 4-1/2 hour course with AED training included.
American Red Cross adult CPR training complements a variety of learning styles with hands-on practice and real-life scenarios. Our take-away materials help employees retain skills and serve as reference tools in an emergency.
Combining lecture, video demonstrations and hands-on manikin training, this course teaches participants to:
- Call and work with EMS
- Perform CPR and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Avoid bloodborne pathogens exposure
- Know the role of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in the Cardiac Chain of Survival
Infant and Child CPR (5 1/2 hours)
Designed for those who care for children, either full time or occasionally, this course teaches participants how to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants and children up to 8 years. Participants take home a refresher skills card as well as information about preventing injuries. Infant CPR is also available separately as a 3 ½ hour course that applies to infants up to 12 months; Child CPR (4 hours) is available separately and applies to children age 1 to 8 years.
There are no available CPR/first aid certification sessions at this time.