Junior Surf Instructor Certification
WB Surf Camp’s Instructor Development Program is a 5 level program that provides a structure for the certification of Surf Instructors through a process of education, experience, and evaluation. The goal of our program is to improve the quality, safety and consistency of surf instruction at beaches across America.
Junior Surf Instructor
- A current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Surf Camp Ocean Safety Certification
- At least two years personal surfing experience
Our Junior Instructor Certifications are aimed at individuals between 14 and 18 years old. Successful applicants will demonstrate that their surfing ability is of an equal standard to that which is required for Level 1 certification. They will further demonstrate that they are competent to assist a WB Surf Camp Instructor to instruct beginner surfers (never surfed before) both on land and in the water.
This Junior Instructor Certification respects the same level of training as our Level 1 cert, except that the Junior Instructor is only qualified to teach if they are supervised at all times by a Level 1, or higher instructor. This training and certification is recommended for young people wishing to pursue a future career in surf instruction. All Junior Instructors can upgrade their certifications once they turn 19 by:
- Logging 50 hours of in water apprentice time
- Sending all current lifeguard/cpr/first aid certification to WB Surf Camp Headquarters
- Being “Checked Out” by a member of WB Surf Camp’s Certification Team
- Successful Completion of Level 1 Course
Click Any Date to Sign Up Now!