Surf Instructor Certification 2
Surf Camp’s Instructor Development Program is a 5 level program that provides a structure for the certification of Surf Instructors through a process of education, experience, and evaluation. The goal of our program is to improve the quality, safety and consistency of surf instruction at beaches across America.
Surf Instructor 2
- A current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification for the Professional Rescuer
- Have Passed Certification 1 course
- At least four years personal surfing experience
- Be 21 years of age
- Have logged 120 hours of in water instruction time at a minimum level 1 certification level
- Pass on-line knowledge base/skill test
- Present Surf Camp with recorded log book of acceptable instruction time
- Present Surf Camp with proof of all current certifications
All level 2 instructors will demonstrate that their surfing ability is of a standard acceptable to Surf Camp. They will further demonstrate their competency to instruct beginner to intermediate surfers. They will must also pass our open ocean swim test and be comfortable in overhead surf conditions.
This training and certification is recommended for those wishing to enhance their knowledge base and increase their pay scale as a surf instructor/ Assistant Program Director.
Click Any Date to Sign Up Now!